The Lowcountry STEM Collaborative serves as a catalyst for transformational educational models that put STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) skills at the center of education while uniting the Lowcountry around a common agenda. The focus and charge of the Lowcountry STEM Collaborative is to effectively engage the regions stakeholders to advance STEM literacy, bolster a STEM workforce, and establish our region as a leader in STEM education.
Established in 2010 by a group of regional stakeholders The Lowcountry STEM Collaborative works with P-20 educators and administrators, STEM industry professionals, non-profits and governmental agencies to address the critical needs of the region while:
· Promoting STEM literacy in the Lowcountry of South Carolina and beyond
· Developing, invigorating, and expanding STEM programs for teachers and students
· Preparing effective STEM teachers
· Inspiring student interest in STEM
· Strengthening the STEM workforce
· Increasing opportunities for all people in the STEM disciplines
For further information or to get involved, please contact us directly.
The Lowcountry STEM Collaborative
Phone: (843) 953-7118
171 Moultrie Street
The Citadel - School of Education
Charleston, SC 29409